Tuesday, April 27, 2010

New Recipe...

So tried a new recipe last night. It's something I printed out not long after my original start in this change in eating habits. I had printed it out when my father said he didn't know how to cook for me anymore. He's mostly a red meat man so I printed out a bunch of red meat recipes that he could do on his nights to cook. But since his heart attack, I've been doing all the cooking. So I gave this a shot last night. It's a Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin. I got the recipe from the Food Network website but it seems to have come to them via EatingWell.com.

My father seems to have found it to be a bit strange, but keep in mind he doesn't care for change. I on the other hand thought it was very good and my husband said it was the best piece of pork he'd ever had. I served it with the suggested Sweet and Tangy Watermelon Salad which my father and I enjoyed but my husband didn't as he doesn't care for cucumbers. I'll have to come up with another side that he'll enjoy when we eat the other half of the meat that was left.

No comments:

Post a Comment