Monday, April 5, 2010

Quick Update...

So a lot has happened since my last post. First off, my laptop died while I was in Grand Rapids. My husband tried to fix it but it seems that it's just pooched. So instead of buying a new once, as that's the second one I've gone through in like 3 years, we updated our desktop computer instead. I'll be using that for a while, what little I am able to get online.

My dad is out of that horrible hospital and Grand Rapids finally. They just don't seem to care about their jobs or much of anything else in that hospital. He's been transferred to a physical rehabilitation facility in Southfield. It wasn't my first choice as it's an hour drive from our house but it was the only facility near any of the family that would take him.

Not speaking to some of my family right now. My Father's siblings as well as my Uncle's wife can't seem to get it in their heads that they do not have medical degrees and therefore they don't know what medications my father should and should not be on right now. They also can't seem to get it in their heads that any decisions while my father is unable to make them himself will be made by me and my siblings, not them. They also do not believe my father actually went through alcohol withdrawal, another reason they should be left out of his treatment decisions. I am no longer taking their calls as all speaking with them seems to do is raise my already high blood pressure.

The place my dad is in let me bring our dog to see him. I think it was really good for both of them. Have to get her into the vet before she can come back though as they need copies of the papers stating her shots are up to date and she's due for her yearly visit. Was going to get her in when dad got back from his trip, this just isn't how I saw that happening at the time.

My diet was completely blown by my time in Grand Rapids. The stress as well as the lack of my treadmill and the lack of healthy food choices in that horrible hospital did it in. Unfortunately right now I just don't have to time to do everything I was doing either so it's on hold until I get into the swing of things here or my father comes home so I have more time to myself again. I'm disappointed by this as I was doing so well. But all I can do is chalk it up as something that's out of my control. I know I can do it as I was doing it before. I just need to get some of the crap in my life under control so I can focus on it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment