Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Bit About Me....

I suppose I should start this blog off with a bit of the 'who and why' stuff. First off, my name is Kristen Staubitz. I'm 32 years old and live in Michigan with my wonderful husband Marc, my senior citizen father John and our 3 cat (Kira, Cory & Midnight) and 1 dog (Milly). I am currently unemployed but have been searching for a job for a while now (damn economy). I like to read and write. I'm not exactly an outdoors/active type. And I tend to suffer from a good amount of medical issues.

The biggest of those medical issues is that I have scoliosis (curvature of the spine) and had to have 2 metal rods put in my back when I was 11 years old. A whole butt load of issues has come with that. I get arthritis like a little old lady and feel the weather changes. I don't bend and move the same way other people do. And it makes some things that other people can do easily just plain hurt.

As if that's not enough, I suffer from high blood pressure, depression and anxiety, my gallbladder was removed a few years ago and I just recently had to have a procedure to get rid of my second kidney stone. Yes, when it rains it pours.

Between all of this, as well as a love of junk food and some not so helpful family members, I've spent most of my life overweight. I was that rather round girl in school that people liked to make fun of. As if the back surgery and the special treatment I needed from that didn't put enough of a bulls-eye on me.

You might be wondering at this point, why should you care about any of this. In truth, you don't have to. I'm simply trying to give some background before I get into the real reason for this blog.

After almost 30 years overweight, I've finally got determined to lose it once and for all. Enough of the crash diets and the yo yo diets. In fact, to hell with 'diets' at all. No I'm going for a change to my nutritional habits. And coming up on the end of my first month, it's working for me.

My goal in making this blog is to keep track of my progress in this goal. If by some chance someone reads this and finds it helpful in their own goals, that's awesome. If not, then maybe they'll find some humor in this fat girl's attempt to be thin for a change.

Oh and P.S.... please excuse the typos. Sometimes my hands just can't keep up with my brain. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment