Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Low Cal Recipes... Fish in Parchment Paper

Every so often I'll try and add a yummy recipe. If someone else has one they really like, feel free to share! Most of my recipes will be for chicken or fish as that's mostly what I cook in my house but I will try to add others when I can.



Fish In Parchment Paper

3-4 Fish Fillets or 1 Fillet Large Enough for 3-4 People
1/4 Cup White Wine
McCormick Gourmet Seafood Seasoning Blend
Lemon Juice
Kosher or Sea Salt
Pepper

Preheat oven to 350. On a cookie sheet that I have covered with tin foil for easy clean up, I lay out one sheet of Parchment Paper. I cut the sheet and 1 other sheet 1-2 inches larger than the cookie sheet on each end. Lay the fish on the parchment and drizzle with wine. If you don't have a decent puddle around the fish, you may need more wine. Use a wine you're willing to drink. Using any wine because it's cheap could result in yucky fish. If you're willing to drink it, it should cook well. Drizzle with lemon juice to add a bit of flavor. Sprinkle fish with salt, pepper and seasoning to taste. Do not fully coat. You want to add flavor, not over power. Cover with second pieces of parchment and fold edges to form a sealed package. Bake for 30 minutes. Open package and serve.

My family absolutely adores fish cooked this way. You can serve almost any side with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment